Thursday, July 2, 2009

LID and an Update!!!!

That's right! Is it not enough that we were blessed to find out that all of our papers were logged in on July 1st in China, but we were blessed with an update on our precious little girl!!

I was overjoyed to know that we were finally over yet another paperwork hurdle this week. I felt prepared to not have any updates on Haddie until we go to China. Well, God blew me to my knees today with this unexpected gift. It seems like this week I have uttered that "I am hoping that we can get an update, but it is not likely." more than usual. God is always listening. This may be obvious, but do you ever see Him do something that has been heavy on your mind and heart, but you haven't necessarily agonized in prayer over it? He KNEW this mama needed to see her girl! He spoke to the depth of my heart with this.

Last weekend I had toiled over blogs and searching sites to get an idea of what the "trends" are right now in the wait times for our next steps. I was trying desperately to get an idea of when we might travel to China. I was so convicted after my hour and half effortless search.
The next day in church God was once again such a sweet Father to my aching heart. I was blessed to have a dear friends little girls with me that day. These sweet girls are also adopted from China. The angel that ended up on my lap and in my arms for the entire service is the same size as my Haddie. As I loved on her it was amazing how God satisfied my aching arms. We danced together and sang about how He is The Everlasting God, who does not faint and won't grow weary, the Defender of the weak, Comforter of those in need and He lifts us up on wings like eagles! How soon He reminded my heart that once again, He holds the day and time, I must wait with expectancy and trust Him alone.


Psalm 5:2-3 (New Living Translation)

2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
for I pray to no one but you.
3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.


Who doesn't LOVE those piggies????!!!!!

Is that chipped nail polish I see???


Oh how beautiful you are!!!







Zhu Xiao Jie

7/2/09 Update

Medical/Development:
Her current health is good.
She can care herself and also can help other children.
Her speech is normal.
She knows all of her color.

Personality:
They call her Hua Er (flower). LOVE IT!!
She is outgoing and active.

General:
Her sleeping and diet schedule:
Sleeping time: 9:00pm -6:00 am
She has a nap after lunch.
She has three meals and snacks per day。
She can eat all kinds of foods.
She received package from the family.

5 comments:

  1. She IS so beautiful...the joy that radiates from her smile, from her face...is so powerful!!!!! Glad to hear you're LID..woo hoo...and things are moving smoothly for you guys:-).

    Amy, thanks so much for your support. Your kind words and prayers mean so much more than you could know. God has given me such a blessing in you!!

    Sending love and hugs to you and yours....

    God IS good!

    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy!!! Love the update, love the pictures!!

    I miss you - maybe I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rejoicing with you my friend. God is so good. Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last pic--what a sassy little smile. We're right behind you, with DTC next week!
    Janet--Wes in Henan's mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat suprise! Love the updated pitures. Praying your LOA comes quickly. Hugs, Kari, Scott, and Eli

    ReplyDelete