Saturday, September 12, 2009

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Isaiah 55:10
"Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
Thank you to all of you who lifted us up in prayer over the last 2 days. I cannot tell you how much it means. We have seen the Lord move in MIGHTY ways!
Let me back up a couple of weeks. We had quite a mess on our hands. There was a malfunction in our neighborhood sewage line that caused the sewer to back up into 6 houses in our neighborhood, ours being one of them. So imagine with me sewage water springing up through your drain for 3 hours and there is absolutely nothing that you can do, but pray for Jesus to make it stop!! We discovered that it is very possible that the majority of the expenses will fall into our laps. Faced with the very near travel to get our little Haddie, this added some financial stress.
Due to the MESS in our basement we had to haul everything up to our garage for the necessary clean up. I had been debating about having a garage sale to try to raise some more funds to cover our expenses. On Monday I found out that our neighborhood would be having a garage sale. SO...Thursday night, after finding out that we would soon be traveling to China I decided to go for it and have a small sale.
Crazy that the Lord enabled me to pull things together with the emotional stress of our approval error! Friday while having the sale I was trying desperately to get everything squared away with our approval that needed to be resubmitted. YES...I said resubmitted. We do have to resubmit and pay the fee. Praise the Lord the delay in our timeline will only be about 3 days...very minimal! Here is where it gets good!!!!!!
The additional fee would be $340.00. So, the Lord floods our basement, bringing up all of our "junk" to the garage at just the time there will be a neighborhood garage sale...I hope you are following me with this...so, our new application was sent overnight today and our sale finished, let me share some numbers with you:
Application fee: $340.00
FedEx cost: $25.64
Copies: $ 2.00
Total: $367.64
Garage Sale Profits: $367.65
Lord God,
How we praise You! How do I ever doubt the perfection of Your plan? You have once again blown us away by Your provision! We thank you and speak praises to Your Great Name, because You are the Deliverer and Provider of our precious Haddie Hope!
Join us in our rejoicing and praise...What an Awesome God we serve!

6 comments:

  1. Can you believe how INCREDIBLY much HE loves us!!!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting here just grinning- What an Awesome God that we serve! He knew just what you needed and how to meet that need and in the meantime you got your basement cleaned out! Rejoicing with you all! I want to meet Libi and Haddie some day!
    Marilyn H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord indeed!!!! I am so happy to read this, and have goosebumps over those numbers!!! God is so good....and it's always such a blessing when His work is so apparent.....a banquet for the soul!!!!

    Thanks for the update...I have been thinking of you and of course keeping you in prayer.

    OX, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY WORD!!! Praising the LORD with you!!! What a beautiful (and I have NEVER used that word in relation to sewage before :)) testimony of God's provision and His intimate love and care for you all! Thank you for taking the time to share that ~ it gives all of us another reason to marvel at His ways...

    "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." Is. 55:9

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!! Haddie is coming home!!!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete