Monday, November 30, 2009

We are going to get our girl!

2-3And then God answered: "Write this.
Write what you see.
Write it out in big block letters
so that it can be read on the run.
This vision-message is a witness
pointing to what's coming.
It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait!
And it doesn't lie.
If it seems slow in coming, wait.
It's on its way. It will come right on time.
4"Look at that man, bloated by self-importance—
full of himself but soul-empty.
But the person in right standing before God
through loyal and steady believing
is fully alive, really alive.
Habakkuk 2:2-4
the message

I cannot contain my excitement! We are one week away from our GOTCHA day. How overwhelmed I am that the Lord has allowed us to bring her home before Christmas.

I must admit to a little anxiety today. Last night Libi had a pretty significant seizure. It necessitated a 911 call and trip to the ER. Looking at a LONG trip to China spinning off of a night like last night...anxious. I go back to what the Word tells me: "Be anxious for NOTHING, but in everything, by prayer and petition, let your requests be known to God." Will you join me? Pray with us for Libi's health and that I will totally trust God's Sovereignty over her. I know this can be a huge distraction to the JOY that lies ahead, and we know the JOY STEALER that creeps about. We pray against him!

"May the God of HOPE fill you with JOY and peace as you TRUST in Him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13


Now...the great details!!! We will be leaving bright and early on the the 3rd...Thursday and will return on the 22nd! WOW! That is right, 19 days! We will be sure to post our itinerary. We will return to Bloomington on the 22nd so stay tuned for details. We would love to have you help us welcome home Haddie Hope Jie!

It was 4 years ago that the Lord and I had a serious conversation. I was quite weary after 6 months of wrestling over whether He was prompting us to adopt or not. On November 17th, 2005, I was getting ready for the day and talking with the Lord. I smacked my hairbrush on the sink and said, "Lord, if you want us to adopt then just tell us and we will do it, but tell us! In fact, tell us this weekend. I just want to know" Through those tears of frustration and fear I had no idea how my cries were rattling the heavenlies. For tell us He did! That Sunday, November 19th we visited a church that was holding "Adoption Sunday" We had no idea! As I shook and cried through the service I KNEW the Lord was speaking. He specifically addressed every fear and question I had raised to Him about this journey of adoption. I was Awestruck by the wonder of such a personal God.

Then, the journey began, and He led us to foster care. As we prepared to foster He brought us a lovely young unwed mother. She became our daughter as we loved her through the process of giving her son up to be adopted. While she lived with us God brought a beautiful little Hispanic girl to be our own as well. She was ours for 18 glorious months!

We have loved and let go, and it has been painful and wonderful. He has filled us with Joy and Blessing! He has never left us, and has provided for our every need. As we watched our sweet girl transition back to her mama, the Lord directed our path to Libi Faith. What a gift at the most perfect time! Before we even left for China to bring home our Libi Love we knew that we would soon go back. We felt certain that the Lord had another daughter there for us.

One year ago He took us on a journey that twisted and turned, but led us to the wonderful, precious Hadassah Hope Jie! What a work in 4 years!! I laugh at what I told the Lord in the beginning...that I did not want a girl, that I wanted them from the first day they were born, and they better stay FOREVER! How He has changed, and continues to change my heart. In the beginning, it was so about "me", my desires and wants. What the Lord has opened my eyes to, that it is so about HIM! He is at work, and we are the privileged ones to join in that.

147 million minus ONE....and counting

thank you for joining us in bringing her home!

3 comments:

  1. THAT IS SUPER EXCITING!!! What a wonderful Christmas GIFT!!! Hope you have safe travels to China and back!!!

    Will be praying for you all!!!!

    Sydney S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I just got done studying the book of Habbakkuk and we can definitely learn that our God is ALWAYS on time in HIS time for HIS glory : )

    I am curious, did you happen to go to Grace Church on that November 19 years ago? If so, we had our very 1st Adoption Sunday on November 19, 2006.... I had prayed that families would be moved to adopt but was disappointed when no one came forward to that calling that day. I did not even think about visitors being at our church that day... oh my goodness,I would be thrilled beyond belief to know that I could have been praying for your family and sweet, precious Libi : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy - I love your heart. I love you!! We will certainly continue praying for all involved. Go enjoy your little girl!! AMAZING God!

    I can't wait to spend some time together when Haddie is home. I am simplly thanking God for you right now!

    ReplyDelete