Sunday, May 10, 2009

Party of 7


On this Mother's Day it is bitter sweet. I have 2 daughters in other parts of the world today.

My sweet little Ariadna. Some of you know this our foster daughter that we were blessed with for a year and half. She will forever be a part of our hearts and family.

Then, there is our sweet little Haddie Hope Jie. How I long to kiss her precious face and tell her how blessed I am to be her mama. For now, I am her mama from afar.

I was given such a priceless gift last week. We were sent pictures of Haddie by a family who traveled to her orphanage to adopt their son in 2006. Haddie is 3 in these pictures and these may very well be the only "baby" pictures we will have of her. To have a glimpse into what she looked like at this precious young age means so much to me! Age 3 is one of my very favorite years. I am so thankful that the Lord blessed us with this gift. Feel free to tell me how adorable you think she is...I won't mind! :)

Celebrating you, my sweet little Haddie and the gift to be your mama and I hold on to the HOPE of you being home with us next Mother's Day!


3 comments:

  1. We too were SHOCKED to get BABY pics of Alaina. We still don't understand HOW this lady in California came across them. They were from 2 months up to 13 months - the time she was in the orphanage. She left for foster care at 14 months just after her heart surgery. Wishing you to China in record time.... Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a gift to have these pictures. What a doll. I can't wait to meet sweet Haddie. Hope you had a blessed Mother's Day my sweet friend. Sending our love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy - I can't wait to meet your precious, beautiful girl! I love you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete