Monday, April 27, 2009

Garage Sale for Haddie!



We had a garage sale this last weekend to raise funds for our adoption of Haddie. What an amazing weekend it was! We received so many donations. It took an entire week to mark items and put them out. We didn't even have room for everything and were still putting things out on Saturday. The moment I began to tape up the posters of my little Haddie Hope the emotion got me. This was like our first big celebration of this little girl, my daughter. It was so wonderful to share about her with others throughout the weekend. It was AMAZING to hear how adoption had touched the lives of so many other people. That is what became overwhelming. The hearts of people that were so passionate about adoption and passionate about one little girl, Haddie Hope. This generosity was stirred by the hand of our Father and poured out through people. The total amount raised, just over $2,500!
The blessing received...PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who came out and purchased, donated and gave. You have joined in the rescue mission of Haddie Hope Jie Arnold and her family is so very grateful for you!

6 comments:

  1. Amy - I think so much of you! I'm so glad to get to know you better every week at classes! You bless me with your heart for Jesus and your sweet little girls (and big boys too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad I live so far away I would have come to shop! That's a great way to help the fund to bring Haddie home! Best wished with all of the process to get her into your waiting and longing arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now THAT's a garage sale!!!!

    God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,
    Congratulations on the success!

    I thought about you today. I was at Shriner's and a little 6 yo girl (just adopted from China 3 mths ago) was there. We became attached at the hip. She was smart, polite, loving, friendly, kind...oh, and did I mention smart! She was so much fun...just a joy. I wanted to take her home, but her mom wouldn't let me.

    You are in for a real treat in your little Haddie.

    Love and prayers,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Melissa buy anything? Have her tell you about our big basement sale that she and I used to "host"! Try to give me a call this weekend if you can!! Would love to talk. lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen ... so glad it was a success ... she is one cutie !!! i pray God makes the provisions fall from the heavens !!!

    ReplyDelete