Saturday, April 18, 2009

another glimpse of our beautiful girl!


Really the closest zoom without it getting too blurry.

My dear friend, has gotten me connected to so many amazing yahoo groups. (Thanks Christy!)One of those being a group for Haddie's orphanage, XinXiang. Last night Brad and I combed through posts and pics of others who have children in the same orphanage or have already brought their children home. We came across this ONE little snapshot of our little angel eating lunch. Brad picked her out right away! He has an eye for his girls!! This photo was taken on February 3rd.
I was struck by several things in this one little photo. It seems that she may be the only girl. It is hard to tell sometimes. The child on the end in the purple...maybe??? Then there are the humble surroundings. It is so sickening to think of all that I have, and yet, I think that I NEED more!
Brad and I spent some time just going to several different sights of "waiting children" in the Henan Province, which is where Haddie is. I truly do not think anyone could have sat with us and not been moved to tears looking at all the faces of these children. Some of them with mild disabilities and some severely challenged. Their eyes carried such a deep sadness that is truly haunting. It is really difficult to handle, but yet I find myself not able to stop looking at them. I pray over their little faces and plead with the Father to bring them HOPE! Why is it that these little ones must live in such broken, hopelessness?
I see You, Father, on the move in the hearts of Your people to care for the lost lives of the orphan. I place my HOPE for them in YOU today knowing that you will continue to MOVE, because you are RESCUER and RESTORER of all that is captive and broken.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know that there is much more of a heartbreaking truth....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    First, thanks for giving me props. So undeserved, but made me feel famous :).

    I loved the care package. The dress up clothes are just awesome. The letter was so perfect. She's fallen into the lap of the Saviour by falling into yours.

    Praying with tears for your Haddie,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    I hadn't looked at this in a while! Loved the pictures and care package! I was cracking up at the fingerprint story. I to am "printless" I'm on my third set of FBI prints. the first two were rejected. With Luke they were never rejected, but they had trouble with them in Naperville. I too know God's timing is perfect-but come on! I might need your contact. Haha!
    Missy Nicholson

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so nice meeting you this morning! I've loved reading about your adoption journey so far- what a beautiful family you have! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    I'm also a Henan mom (Xinyang). I'm praying that your little Haddie will be home safe and sound soon.

    ReplyDelete