Saturday, April 11, 2009

What we know about Haddie Hope

She was born on January 10th, 2003
She is 45 inches and 40 pounds.
She knows her shapes, letters and numbers.
She can write her name.
In Chinese, of course!


She is:
Active
Energetic
Talkative

Extroverted


Knows that a "chicken can swim" is wrong.
( Of all of the things I want to know about Haddie, this is SO important)

Likes to sing and listen to music.
Enjoys books.
Gets along well with others.
She is close to her caretaker and other children.
We hope that she has a special bond with one of her nannies.
What we know about our Haddie is so limited. Yet, it satisfies me somehow. As I read through the information we have I imagine her here with us. What she will enjoy doing and playing. What are her hopes and dreams.
We are so thankful for what we have learned about her so far, and hope to learn more over the months to come. We will be putting together her care package over the weekend and hope to mail it on Monday. She has no idea that she has a family! What an awesome gift to mail to a 6 year old princess!! You know this mama will be crying at the Post Office on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Know I'll be crying with you on Monday - what a happy day to send that off. I can't imagine how she'll feel opening that box realizing her greatest dreams have come true. She doesn't have to be alone ever again - and that package will be her first symbol of hope.

    I wish she was mine :). She's just too gorgeous and sweet for words. You guys are so blessed.

    Thanks for sharing. Love,
    Christy
    mom to Mia, Ava and Kai

    ReplyDelete
  2. She reminds me so much of Alaina! I will be interested to see if she is really 40 pounds - Alaina has gained 2 pounds since we got her and tops the scale at 33 pounds now. Her 6th b'day was in January. Please send me an email and I'll give you my phone number - would love to chat! (Lucy - Miller's friends).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an awesome Momma !!!! Haddie will be so blessed to be your daughter and you to be her Momma. God's story is being told right before my very eyes. I am honored to be your friend and to watch this incredible journey.... Praying for your family. Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete