Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fingerprint furstration!

Well, we have hit our first "bump". Our hope and prayer has been to get all of our paperwork together and have it to China by the end of April. We are still trusting the Lord to make this a reality.

Some of you know that fingerprints are a huge part of the approval process in international adoption. This becomes a HUGE problem when you don't have fingerprints! I keep telling Brad that we need a cleaning lady so I can "restore" my prints. Anyway, yesterday I got very excited to see a letter in the mailbox from the United States Department of Homeland Security. That excitement soon dissipated when I discovered it was not the approval we were hoping for, but a call back for more prints! Oh MY!!! Are you serious? Do they not have my file flagged by now as the "printless mama"?

So, I was a bit disappointed. I am set for an appointment to be reprinted in 2 weeks. Then, I thought it would take another month to get our approval...well, THEN GOD. God led me to the contact who is responsible for generating our approval. They gave me a couple of suggestions, but all of them resulting in us having our approval by the 27th of April. Praise you God! We may not have everything to China until the beginning of May, but we have learned through many journeys with our Savior that He is always PERFECTLY on time.

With that said, He "wowed" me with this truth about Himself. Just one hour after the disappointment of not receiving our US approval, we found out that we received our China approval! Basically in this approval from China they say, YES, we find you are a good family for this girl. One approval postponed, one given. So, I can give some more details about our daughter and more pics. We also can send her a package letting her know that we are her FAMILY and we are coming to get her to bring her HOME! Coming soon in another post.

As I am desperately hoping for my Haddie and for Spring to come, I am reminded of New Life. I am especially reminded of New Life with Easter just 3 days away. It was the work of my Jesus on the cross that rescued me and gave me New Life. This marvelous work made a way for me to be adopted, with all of my special needs, a daughter, a princess of THE MOST ROYAL FAMILY!

May your Easter be one of rejoicing over the great redeeming work of God through His Son Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you and yours a VERY blessed Easter!!

    Congrats on your approval:-)...can't wait to see and hear more.

    Love and hugs,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my sweet friend. Your approval will come at the perfect time. Have faith. Have a big faith. He will and does move mountains!! I'm sitting here on Good Friday reflecting about what He did for us. He is so good. He is bringing your sweet Haddie home to be with you. I can't wait to watch it all unfold. Blessings to you. Happy Easter. Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu, too? I am having the worst time with the fingerprints!!! I have had them done twice and then no word forever! Nobody knows if they were okayed. Nobody can tell me if I have to go back, nothing! We had our first set done April 27 and here I sit ;-)

    ReplyDelete